Saturday 20 July 2013

It All Went Horribly Wrong,

the good news was that the Internet came back on,
 
 
the bad news was that I decided to link an old computer I had to the monitor I normally use, the idea being that I would use the old computer for all of my pictures, so off we went to TukCom, we noticed the hibiscus were putting on a good display,

 so we took a couple of pictures on the way out,

did I mention I woke up with a toothache? well I did so off to Dr. Chanis first for a filling to be seen to,
 
I then made my way past the new Honda dealership,
 
next stop to TukCom, I bought a switch and the cables needed, basically you plug both computers into the switch, then connect the monitor and hey presto, you can use the same monitor, keyboard, printer, etc switching between which ever computer you want to use, but you know me with anything electrical, it did not work, so I replugged in to the monitor as things were before I tried fitting the switch, yes you have got there before me! the monitor was working showing it was connected with PC in the corner of the screen, the computer was on, but the message on the screen read 'no signal', so a quick call to Wattana Computers and the technician should be calling tomorrow,


the downside is that if the computer needs to be taken away for repair it will not be back till late next week at the earliest, no working on computers on Sunday, plus Monday and Tuesday are public holidays, why did I not just leave things alone? the other bad news is that I do not really get on with laptops for some reason, so I have not looked for anything a little strange like I normally do to put on our blog,

 having spent all afternoon trying to undo the damage I had done it was soon time to go to the weekend night market on Theprisitt Road, some low cloud looking towards Jomtien,
 
 and quiet a bit looking inland too,

 this is a nice stall to walk past, they sell scented candles and similar products, so walking past is quiet pleasant,
 
 opposite the bar this evening this stall was selling second-hand clothes at 4 for 100 baht, at that price it was cheaper to buy a T shirt than a duster!
 
 we were a little bit early, so not many shoppers in the food aisles yet,

 or in the pet section either,

 sunset over the market,

 it looks like a new crop of mango's has just hit the stalls,

 there was a bit of entertainment at the bar this evening,

a tree had overgrown the bar and needed to be trimmed,

naturally there were a crowd  of spectators giving the guy at the top of the ladder all the advice he could need,

until they were showered with red ants,

if you live any where in the tropics you know the ones I mean,

they sew leaves together to make a nest in the tree which they defend vigorously with painful stings,

it is lonely at the top!

strangely enough the advisers moved to a safe distance whilst the hero of the hour completed his painful task,

a few more clouds moving in looking inland, we were joined this evening by Mr. Tony and Brian, we chatted the early part of the evening away, then saying our farewells to Brian we made a move for our evening meal,
 
to the Punch and Judy, the Friday special for me, fish and chips,
 
lamb hot pot for Mr. Tony, Welsh rarebit for Diana,
 
and 'Cheers!', from me,

well from all of us,

in case you are wondering the fish and chips were delicious,

after our meal we made a move for home where we watched some Bottom, after a couple of episodes we said our goodbyes to Mr. Tony then for us we were off to bed.

2 comments:

Daryle said...

Stan,

May I suggest you give the Dental Hospital in Pattaya International Hospital a go... from years of treatment, never had a issue with their care. A little more expensive but professional care.

Daryle

PattayaStan said...

Dear Daryle, many thanks for the tip, it may seem that I have a lot of dental issues, but so many of my teeth have fillings one or two always seem to be popping out, but the truth is that back in the 1950s the school dentist decided to give everyone as many fillings as he could, and I have been paying for it ever since! but again many thanks for the tip, best regards, Stan and Diana.