Sunday 11 August 2013

All To Soon,

it was time for our evening meal,


 so as usual on a Saturday we had our bar-b-q,

 as smoke rapidly filled the neighbourhood,

 I realised that the wind was in a different direction than last week,

 so I moved the grill through 90 degrees, which was considerably less than the temperate of the handle when I picked it up,

 soon all of the charcoal was glowing, Diana put some of last weeks ashes on them to stop them burning too quickly and to cool them down a little,

 our feast for the evening, hot dogs for Diana, prawns wrapped in butter for myself, onion bon-bons and for our main course a few pieces of chicken with lots of garlic bread,

 Diana as happy as ever,

 our main course, marinated chicken with onion bon-bons,  complete with a glass or two of medicinal red wine,

we arrived indoors quiet late so we watched just one film, Sir Henry at Rawlinson End, this is what I wrote about it when we watched it before,

'what can one say about Sir Henry at Rawlinson End, not so much a black and white movie, more sepia toned, so many wonderful lines,

'If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink,' 

sounds like me! the film is totally mad, Vivian Stanshall narrated and starred in the movie, as it happens I saw him live in The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, when they performed at the Goldsmiths Collage in New Cross, the film you will love or hate, I loved it, Diana fell asleep!'

now here a strange thing she feel asleep when we watched it again this time!

the one great thing about Sir Henry is that he combines his interests with a passion, take the still above from the movie, he takes three of his favourite vices, boats, a Purdey shotgun and his couple of drink optics placed on the side of the boat, what could possibly go wrong? again for me a great totally mad movie, I loved it! then at the end of the movie we were off to bed.

No comments: