Tuesday 10 September 2013

As A Kid,

reading all of the comic books that I did,    

I always wanted to be tall, athletic, blond and blue eyed, well now at 63 I am sort of tall, definitely not athletic, not enough hair to be blond, well silver maybe, but I could be permanently blue eyed, no contact lenses to put in and take out, according to this article in Indiathrough a controversial procedure known as artificial iris implant, pioneered by Dr. Kenneth Rosenthal, as a way to correct various eye defects (heterochromia, ocular albinism, etc.), the artificial iris implant procedure is now also being advertised as cosmetic surgery for people who want to permanently change the color of their eyes, the artificial iris is a thin, non-toxic prosthesis made of the same ophthalmic grade silicone used in intraocular lenses, above the blue eyed look for Asians,

and here how Caucasians might look, since the fake iris is very flexible, it can be folded and inserted into the eye through a peripheral corneal surgical incision about 2.8 mm long, and unfolded over the natural iris, according to the website of BrightOcular, the company behind the increasingly popular cosmetic eye surgery, the procedure is “short, safe, and painless”, taking about 15 minutes for each eye, it is worth mentioning that if you wear glasses you still have to do so, but as I mentioned at 63 I guess I will stay the way I am, it is the athletic bit that is putting me of off changing!


No comments: