Sunday 29 September 2013

In The Afternoon We Were Off To The Market,

we needed a few things for the evenings bar-b-q,


 we parked behind the market,

 you would think by now,

 I would know the names of most things in the market, but other than potatoes, onions, ginger and peppers it is all pretty much of a mystery to me,

 but I do know these, we bought some prawns to make kebabs later,

 we see these fish prepared  like this in most markets,

 but we are more familiar with these,

 we had a quick chat about the fish he sells, tilapia and a type of barb,

 then his friend from the vegetable store next door wanted to be in the picture as well,

we made our way back to the bike and noticed the Ripley's balloon in the distance,

 no customers today, but there is still a 30% off offer for early flyer's,

on the way out we noticed the durian seller, although Diana likes the fruit the three times I have tried it I found it to be not very nice, all a question of taste I guess,

 then home and the bar-b-q was all systems go,

 Steve thought my idea of letting the fan do the work a winning one,

 soon the flames took hold and the smoke died down,

 the charcoal was glowing nicely,

so potatoes on as they need the longest time,

 and after some garlic bread on go the prawn kebabs,

for our main course Diana had prepared some pork belly with some salt rubbed in to make the crackling really crisp,

 along with a salad and baked potato our meal was complete, 

and here we are after our meal, this picture was taken by Diana using my Galaxy Note 3, I have to say considering it was quite dark it came out looking really good, we said or goodbyes to Steve as he made his way home, for us we watched a few more from Cheers, then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: