Saturday 30 November 2013

Day Three Started Bright And Early,

we were going to go to the next beach along the coast,


but the taxi driver said that there was no sand there, it was called Pearl Beach because the beach was made up of pearl shaped stones, so he brought us here,

I do not know what the beach is called but I think it is known as Chai Chet, but this is the sign to look out for, but it is only one sided so you will have to look behind you and be quick on the buzzer when you pass it!

at first it did not look much as we made our way down a dusty road,

but opened up onto a peach of a beach,

with hardly a soul on it,

the beach had a restaurant with seating on the beach plus a few deck chairs which surprisingly were free,


the tree we sat under had these strange shaped things hanging from them,

they were birds nests, the downward pointing entrance funnel makes it difficult for snakes to gain access and eat the eggs or chicks,

we made ourselves comfortable,

and I began crab watching,

which was easy, it was taking pictures of them that was a trial!

the pesky things moved so fast, but I managed to snap a few,

Diana decided to have a swim,

the sea was just so inviting,

Ta-Da!

hardly a cloud in the sky,

and the water so clear,

then time to come in and dry off,

and think about a drink,

I went back to crab watching, but boy they were fast,


Nick and Maureen also had a dip,

then our drinks arrived, 

an ice cold coconut for Diana,

a red wine for myself, you may have noticed that I had noticed that I was getting sun burnt, hence the pretty pink hat,

a couple of beers for Nick and Maureen,

as the rest of our food arrived,

'Cheers!', from all of us,

and a very pretty in pink me,

we spent the rest of the day on the beach under the birds nests, then made our way back to Paddy's Palms for our evening meal, we all enjoyed the day on the beach immensely, again the service and food was everything we expected and could not have been better,

Nick and myself decided on a game of pool on the free table upstairs,

it was cut and thrust as we both took the lead, then we were down to the black,

 Nick potted it and was champion of the evening,

then our evening meal was served, Diana was not too hungry so she went for a club sandwich,

which was huge,

Nick and Maureen ordered cheeses and tomato toastie and a steak respectively,

I went for chilli con carne, did I mention I was sun burnt? some started calling me Rudolph, some thing about a reindeer I was told,

during the day one of the bars opposite had been making a bottle Christmas tree, and here it was lit up,

meanwhile in the bar, 

                             live music was started by Frank,

Nick and Maureen decided on a early night, but we stayed up for a dessert,

a stick toffee pudding which was so nice we nearly ordered another one! then for us we had a tiring day were off to bed.


No comments: