Thursday 21 November 2013

First Thing,

I was off to the hospital,


 the shrine outside the main building,

 I called in at 08.00 to have a sample of blood taken,

 it was then an hours wait for the results, so I wandered along Second Road, which at that time of day is remarkably quiet,

 I spotted one of these mini bikes that seem to be getting very popular out here, but for us it does not have anywhere to put our shopping,

this is where I ended up,


the Jian cafe,

 at the time I was the only customer,

 but a few more people wandered in for their breakfast as I read and watched the traffic go by,

 one of the mobile drink stalls stopped next door,

next a mobile brush and household products stall drove into the street by the side of the cafe, by now it was time for my results, I have over the past few weeks been doing a few daily exercises in the hope that it would improve my health, well I have to say it seems to have worked, all of my results were down by as much as 30% from my last visit, blood pressure 125 over 77, heart beat was 71, blood sugar 130, all great news so off home I went,

a quick change of clothes and we were off to the immigration centre on Jomtien Soi 5, it was so quiet, no one in the 90 day check in queue, the passport was looked at and new check in date given in record time,

 so we were off to Beach Road,

 the lure of McDonald's was too much to bear for Diana,

 so we had to call in,

 cheeseburger set for Diana and a small burger and chips for myself,

 the afternoon just sailed past, then glad rags on for our evening meal, tonight Cherry's,

 for their International buffet which is on Wednesdays and Saturdays, there is a full salad bar plus a choice of soup,

 with so many starters to chose from,


plus main courses and a carvery,

 starters for Diana,

 Mr. Tony and myself,

 main courses next followed by dessert, for 399 baht per person it represents great value for money,

 Diana took this picture of the table decoration,

 Mr. Tony very kindly dropped us home, after saying our farewells it was then a quick freshen up as I was out on the town, I meet Doc and Uday in Walking Street,

 we made our way past the bright lights,

 and the restaurant that we both like in town, the Lobster Pot,

 I just love the neon signs,

 first stop of the evening the Beach Club,

 followed by Sweethearts,

 we somehow found a friend,

 we all made our way further along the street,

 till we reached the bar we had been looking for,

 so a quick pose outside,

 and with the sign, 

'Ah!',

and then the party began with Grieg and the three of us, we carried on till I guess about midnight, I then said goodbye to the boys and made my way home, after the early start in the morning for Diana and myself we were off to bed.


No comments: