Thursday 19 June 2014

We Are Up Early Again Today,

so again straight on with today's post,


 I was off to the hospital for my 08.00 appointment, as it happens I arrived a bit early,

 so it gave me a chance to see a part of Thai life that you do not see unless you are up early, monks receiving offerings of food as they make their way around the town or village where they stay,

 local people and traders give the monks food,

 and are then blessed,

 in no time at all I gave a sample of blood, then had to wait until 08.55 for the results, so I took myself of to LK Metro for breakfast, the road itself is a 'L' shape, this is the view from the corner of it looking towards Soi Bukaow,

 and looking towards Soi Diana,

 and right behind where I took the pictures was the I-Rovers sports bar, hotel and restaurant, 

 it has a nice pool area with lots of televisions,

 and a bar naturally,

I decided on the English breakfast, all of this for just 99 baht, then back to the hospital for the results, and good news it was too, everything was fine, the advice from the doctor was to keep to my diet and exercise regime and so an appointment was made for 2 months time and off I went,

in the evening we were out to Cherry's for the Wednesday evening International buffet, tonight we were joined by Mark and Mr. Tony,

 first stop the salad bar,

 then on to our starters,

 we all had a couple of those,

 next our main courses, 'Cheers!',


as usual we were spoilt for choice with a huge selection of desserts,

 and this was Diana's choice,

 whilst the rest of us went with fresh fruit and ice cream,

tea or coffee is included in the 399 baht buffet,

 but I decided to pay a little extra for a latte coffee and nice it was too, back to the diet tomorrow!

Cherry's is located on Third Road opposite what was once the X-Cite disco, the International buffet is held on Wednesday and Saturday evenings, but there is a special on every night of the week, after saying goodbye to Mark, Mr. Tony very kindly gave us a lift home and wishing him farewell it was feet up for some television, then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: