Sunday 17 August 2014

Straight On To Today's Post,

as we are up early to go buffalo racing,


 at the side of Maprachan lake on Soi Siam Country Club Road, so on to the post, we had a quiet day but in the evening bar-b-q time, but before lighting up we had a starter of garlic bread,

 having taken one picture Diana took great delight in taking another one just as I had taken a mouthful of bread,

 for our next course Diana's homemade chicken and sweetcorn soup, the problem with it is that it is so delicious I burnt my mouth trying to eat it too quickly!

 we decided on steaks tonight, I bought a bit too much, the piece the butcher cut weighed in at just over a kilo, so Diana cut it into three pieces one each for tonight and one for the freezer for another time,

 then it was time to light the fire,

 as usual lots of smoke, 

 then the fire took,

 and on with the steaks and potato,

 Diana busy at the grill, for some reason there was a very colourful sky this evening,

 looking towards Jomtien,

 I took a few pictures over the course of the next few minuets,

 I can only hazard a guess that there was some dust in the air,

 but what ever the reason it sure looked pretty, just as an aside all of the pictures I post on our blog are straight out of the camera, no making them look better using Photoshop, (if only I knew how to use it!), the only thing I alter is to some times make the horizon level or slightly crop maybe one in thirty pictures, what I get is what you see,

 enough already! on to the meal,

 Brussels sprouts and carrots with fried onions complete with a baked potato,

 for our dessert a real treat,

 an upside down, or as my Mum would say down side up strawberry crumble,

the crumble is at the bottom of the bowl, cover with fresh strawberry's, add a touch of cream, well maybe a big dollop and enjoy! we spent the evening listening to music one very melancholy piece was one I heard many years ago in the mid 1990s by Polish composer Henryk Mikołaj Górecki titled Third Symphony, Symphony of Sorrowful Songsrecorded with soprano Dawn Upshaw, the second movement Lento e largo—Tranquillissimo for me being the best of the three, for a translation of the Polish look here


this is the second movement if you wish to listen to it, and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: