Wednesday 6 August 2014

The Facts,

Nicole Gainey let her 7 year old son walk half a mile to the local park in daylight with a cell phone,


and she was arrested, from the article, ' “I honestly didn’t think I was doing anything wrong,” she says. “I was letting him go play.” during his approximately 10-minute walk, the boy passed by a public pool, where a patron asked him where his mother was and other questions, as he told a local news station, “I got scared and ran off to the park, and that’s when they called the cops.” police picked up the boy at the park, brought him home and arrested his mother for felony child neglect',


were the police correct to arrest Nicole? on a personal note, it was nothing to walk to the shops, boating lake or bomb site all well over a mile or two away in the summer holidays of my youth and by the time I was 9 years old the Natural History museum was almost my second home and that was way across most of South East London and meant 3 changes of buses, but I guess it is safer for kids today to stay locked in their rooms with their computer games, after all Nicole had to pay nearly $4,000 to bond out and the aftermath of this arrest, she won’t let Dominic go to the park alone again, She’s afraid she’ll be arrested, 


so were the police right to arrest and charge Nicole with felony child neglect? if the answer is yes then at that rate my Mum and Dad, would have be inside in no time, forever!


No comments: