Tuesday 19 August 2014

Up Early Again Today,

so straight on with today's post,


 the exhaust pipe on the bike had begun to blow, the trip up to the lake and back did not help, so off to have the pipe replaced and the bike serviced,

 the pipe is the rusty bit behind the rear brake lever,

 the owner of the shop told me it would take about 2 hours,

  once he had finished the bike he was working on,

 so I took a walk past the general household goods shop next door,

 the one thing about shops like this is,

 that if you stop to look you find so many things that you just need to have,

 so I kept walking past the builders merchants,

 that again was selling almost everything in the building line you can think of,

 till I reached the Punch and Judy where I settled down for breakfast, it is having a face lift, the seating area at the front of the pub is being given a sun shade, a great idea for smokers or for customers that just want to sit outside and watch the world go by,

 for myself I sat inside and ordered the daily special, bangers and mash,

 after a couple of hours I went back to the bike shop, but it was still not quite finished,

 so I sat outside for a little while,

taking a couple of pictures of the mobile food stalls that came past, then 680 baht later for a new exhaust, oil and filters changed, new spark plug and a adjustment of brakes and I was on my way, we spent the afternoon watching television,


 after our evening meal we settled down for Inkheart, a fantasy adventure which we both enjoyed,

 a few from Bones which were excellent, then we were off to bed.


No comments: