Wednesday 10 September 2014

Only Yesterday,

I was chatting to David,


about set top boxes, then today I noticed this, it is the latest from TiVo(R) as it unveils the largest consumer DVR ever made with 24 TB of storage capacity, the TiVo Mega, firstly I do not know what a TiVo is or whether they work over here, but in terms I understand the device will hold 26,000 hours of SD recording space or approximately 4,000 hours of HD recording space, so I guess it is some sort of storage unit, well it would certainly solve having the hundreds of DVDs and Blu-Rays we have here all over the place,


the TiVo Mega is expected to be available in retail during the first quarter of 2015, but here is the downside, final pricing will be announced in coming months, but is expected to be retailed at approximately $5,000, but that does include a product lifetime service, $5,000? I guess that means we will stick to having the hundreds of DVDs and Blu-Rays we have here all over the place, but make the piles of them a little neater!


No comments: