Monday 6 October 2014

First Thing On Sunday,

I decided to give the aquariums a water change,


 so about one third of the water out,

 and a top up of water, I hope the fish and yabbies appreciated it,

 for our Sunday lunch we had a starter of chicken and sweetcorn soup, Diana made a extra large bowl yesterday so we would still have some today,

 the fish seem to like our Sundays in as they get a few extra feeds as we watch them watching us,

 'Cheers!',

 and for today roast pork with crackling, sausage in a blanket and vegetables,

 there had been the rumble of thunder most of the day, but after our main course the rain came crashing down, still it will save me having to water the plants tomorrow,

to round our meal off one of Diana's delicious apple, rhubarb and raisin crumbles with just a touch of cinnamon covered with custard, in the evening it was feet up for a film,


Hannibal, I have to say grisly though it is we both enjoyed the film immensely, 

                                                                               
as a bonus it also contains one of my favourite pieces of music, "Vide Cor Meum" it is a song composed by Patrick Cassidy based on Dante's "La Vita Nuova", specifically on the sonnet "A ciascun'alma presa", in chapter 3 of the "Vita Nuova", the clip is from Hannibal, 


for the full version this is it above, with the Latin/English translation, the music is just superb, a couple from Columbo, then for us were off to bed.


2 comments:

Mocha Joe said...

First time I have heard "Vide Cor Meum" .. Beautiful piece of music, very moving.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Mocha Joe, it is indeed very moving, as I mentioned one of my if not the piece of music I love the most, I listen to it so often, it was used in, if you watched the movie Kingdom Of Heaven, in the scene where Baldwin IV dies but was strangely not credited, best regards, Stan and Diana.