Saturday 22 November 2014

I Know I Say This Every Month,

but it does not seem a month ago the bug men called,


 but it was,

and I know I have mentioned before but every time they call I always receive a telephone call the day before to make sure it is convenient,

 and they are always on time,

 next stop Soi Post Office,

 we had a few letters to post by normal air mail, it is always a pain to park anywhere around here, but surprisingly there was hardly a soul in the post office I walked straight up to the counter as no one was waiting,

 in the evening on to Thepprasit Road weekend night market, the traffic was horrendous, we were a little late and so were many of the stall holders,

 slight cloud looking towards Jomtien,

 a slight yellow look to the sky,

 I took a walk along one of the aisles I do not normally walk down, the sky inland nice and clear,

 walking past the doll stall I thought these looked somehow a little creepy, just a touch of blood and a knife away from Mrs. Chucky,

 opposite the bar this evening a cosmetics stall,

 all of the newly roofed stalls now occupied,

 the food aisles,

 busy as usual,

 the juice stall also had a customer,

 as did the pet section,

 stall holders that had been caught in the traffic were still setting up their pitches,

 sunset over the market,

 I made my way back to the bar,

 where the stall next to the cosmetics one was still being set up,

 we were joined by Brian this evening,

 after saying our goodbyes it was home for our evening meal, we still had some Indian food left for tonight some chicken karahi, aloo gobi and nan bread, the karahi is the name of the wok that the chicken is cooked in, the dish very popular in Northern India and Pakistan,

and it was, you guessed it, delicious,


after our meal we watched the second half of Rise of Animals: Triumph of the Vertebrates, so watchable with master wordsmith Sir David Attenborough's easy going narrative, one from Waking the Dead then for us off to bed.


No comments: