Wednesday 18 March 2015

Market Day Today,

so off we go,


 to Soi Bukaow market, which is held every Tuesday and Friday, we parked at the back of TukCom,

 and made our way to Pattaya Tai,

 going past one of the many tailors in the area,

 Pattaya Tai itself was very quite,

 due to I guess stopping traffic going into the Soi, this sign seems to have worked,

 only cars coming into Pattaya Tai from Soi Bukaow now allowed,

 which means I can get a clear picture of the huge second-hand market opposite the normal market,

 a great place to look for a bargain,

 so into the market itself,

 garlic and peppers on this stall,

 and the latest 'T' shirts here,

 and a good selection of dresses,

 hair care products,

 the list is almost endless for goods on sale here, but eventually I made my way to the livestock section,

 and where plants are sold,

 a nice selection at this stall,

including these moon cactus, as they are called, the strange thing was in the big market that we went to in Bangkok ones like these were 75 - 85 baht each, here just 60 baht, bargain!


 a mobile novelty piggy bank stall,

 another quick look at the aquatic shop,

 and I was on my way out, we had arranged to meet up later,

 so I made my way past the front of the new building next to Friendship,

 going past Soi Bukaow on my right,

 as another mobile piggy bank seller made his way into the market,

 arriving home one of the Amaryllis had flowered, I have mentioned before the flower of this one always reminds me of a firework star-burst,

 there was also a letter from Jack Levys office on Pattaya Tai, our truck insurance was due so I called into his office, I learned that he had been unwell for the past few weeks, but is now well on the road to full health, I am sure we all send him our best wishes for a speedy recovery,

 having settled the bill it was time to go home, but the road outside was almost at a standstill,

good job I was on the bike,

 after our evening meal Mark called round for a coffee and a chat, then it was feet up for the rest of the Edward and Mrs. Simpson DVD, enjoyable it was too with great acting, costumes and sets, the true story is compelling reading but there are so many 'true' stories, perhaps this one from Mrs. Simpson's side is perhaps the nearest the mark,

 after watching the end of the series I remembered I had some stamps in my collection from that era, and a few first day covers

 this one water damaged and so marked,

 whilst the previous ones are fairly common, this is the only example of this design I have seen and purchased,

and came as a set with one of the more common ones, by now it was past the midnight hour, so we were off to bed.


No comments: