Wednesday 4 March 2015

Off To TukCom,

but a lot drier today,


 we made our way past one of the water trucks,

 going past many of the roadside stalls,

 the reason there are so many food stalls here is not only for customers of TukCom but also the staff that work there,

 our shopping over Diana waited for a green tea,

 so I wandered off to take a few pictures of some of the stalls,

 like this mobile one selling brushes,

 a food stall at the front of this premises selling coloured contact lenses at the rear,

 another stall selling green tea and fresh coffee,

 we had bought the ipad air cover we were here for yesterday, plus three pairs of sun glasses, a bargain at just 39 baht each, two for Diana and one wrap around pair for myself when riding the motorbike,

 in the evening I made my way into town, I was meeting up with the boys, I took a motorbike taxi to Second Road,

 and walked down to Walking Street via Soi Diamond,

 when I arrived on the street I was amazed, I had not seen the street so busy as this for the past 4 or 5 years, it was packed with people walking about,

 I made my way to the entrance to the street, going past the frozen bar, it is -5 degrees inside, a polar bear outside warming up,

 I made my way along the street,
'
 past a number of venues had not seen before,

 one of the many Turkish ice cream stalls that are here, I counted 4 or 5 different ones in the course of the evening,

 nearing the Lobster Pot,

 another Turkish ice cream seller,

 was getting ready for business,

 almost opposite the Sea Zone,

 I just love all of the neon lights,

I arrived at the entrance to the street,

 where a couple of durian sellers had set up shop,

 although it does not look it, Beach Road was busy, the traffic often coming to a standstill,

one of the durian sellers had made a move to the other side of the Walking Street sign,

 it must have a been a great day out for the kids,

 who rounded the day off in an open roof bus,

 then the boys arrived, Sunda and Mahendra, 

 we made our way back past the bright lights,

 and headed into Living Dolls,

 we had also called into Sweethearts,

 a clear piece of road, 

Baccara was also visited,

 we made our way past the new LED display above the Marine bar,

 as we went further down the street the crowds had started to thin out,

 we went into another bar about here, well I should say we tried to go in, but the door staff stopped us and told us it was 300 baht each to get in, which seemed a bit strange as it was just a normal go-go bar, we kindly declined the offer from the door staff and walked away back toward some of the other bars that had been so nice to us previously,

 the ice cream must be good, the seller is eating some himself!

 we made our way up Soi Diamond and decided to stop off at Heavens Above, we were so glad we did, the owner Patrick who I had not seen in years was there, he came over to join us and the drinks started flowing, a few of the staff joined us to make up the party, what a good job the previous bar had demanded an entrance fee and that we came here instead, after a few we then decided to call it a night as it was past the midnight hour, 

 after saying our farewells I stopped off to buy some food for Diana and myself,

 Second Road was quiet,

as I waited for the food to be cooked, then motorbike taxi home, a nightcap and we were off to bed.


No comments: