Tuesday 26 May 2015

I Had Finished My Daily Exercise Upstairs,

when I noticed that someone had a new television aerial installed,


nothing unusual, the structure is erected and a technician makes the final adjustments, having seen one of these close up before I know there are foot steps all the way to the top as well as the strengthening cross pieces,

 but I have to admit I was a bit surprised when a second technician followed the first to nearly the top,

 there was third worker on the ground, the second guy had a rope and was hauling parts to give to the guy at the top, I am not sure how strong this structure was and whether if both of them were on the same side it would be safe with their combined weights, both of them on say the south side if you see what I mean,

 but I need not have worried, it appears the structure can take the combined weight of three workers,

luckily there was not much wind today,

we had a quiet day, having just read about the unfortunate death of John Forbes Nash Jr. and his wife we decided to watch again a film based on his story and the inner demons he daily confronted, A Beautiful Mind, the film chronicles his success as a mathematician and the emotional turmoil he and his family suffered as he grew older,


 we followed that with a couple from Ripper Street,

two from Boardwalk Empire and then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: