Saturday 6 June 2015

This Sounds Like A Great Way For Students,

to get a free holiday around the other side of the world,


firstly convince the people that give out funds at the University of East Anglia, UK, that the Annamite striped rabbit, native to Vietnam and Laos, which was first described in 1998 when one was found in an open food market in Loas after it had been hunted by locals, is rare and elusive, being so rare it obviously needs studying, so off the students go with a team from WWF, cash in pocket for three months, now here is the good bit, they are so rare that on the first day they find one! Sarah Woodfin, a graduate student comments, 'I didn't expect that I would ever see one up close, I thought that if I was very lucky, I might see one from a distance in the forest, I certainly never expected that I would have the opportunity to hold one of these magnificent animals, I was utterly delighted, My team and I encountered the rabbit completely by chance on the first night of my trip, it was found hopping along a stream bank eating vegetation, one of my team members managed to catch it and brought it back to camp, where we were all able to have a good look at it', so mission over, nearly three months of skittles and beer for the students, I mean study a rabbit? well if they are that common they must breed like, er, rabbits! as there are so many of them it begs the question, I wonder what they taste like?


No comments: