Friday 24 July 2015

The Bugmen Called,

it does not seen a month ago that they were here last,


 but it was,

 I dropped Diana in town to go shopping, meanwhile I popped back home to play cactus, one of Diana's stinky cactus had not made it, so the replacement I bought a few days ago had to be planted,

 the good news was that they do not have spines like normal cactus, so a few moments later and the tray was good to go,

 the bad news was that this replacement for one that did not make it in another tray had spines,

 that even pierced the paper I put in my hand as I tipped it upside down to remove it from it's pot,

 it has a few spines missing, you can guess where they are,

 as Diana was still shopping I spent some time planting out the moon cactus we had been buying over the past few months,

I decided to leave space for a rock in the corner, next a covering of gravel and all set to grow, I hope,


 in the afternoon we finished watching World War 1, a BBC documentary, I mentioned before that most, 98% of the footage, was new to me in the first couple of DVDs, the same was true of the last one, it was amazing how much footage the producers had found that we had not seen before, a great set of informative, but with personal recollections sad in places documentary, if you have not seen a WW1 DVD this would be a good place to start,

after our evening meal a bit of nonsense, Willow, I am not sure what I was thinking when I ordered it, hopefully I will not be in that frame of mind again, it had its moments, alas far too few, mostly in the special effects department, but they did not make up for the ludicrous action scenes, oh well another one for the bin,


not so for our last offering for the evening, a couple from Downton Abbey and we were off to bed.


No comments: