Tuesday 20 October 2015

I Guess We Have All Seen,

executive toys,


typically a Newtons cradle or similar, but here is a new one, the PhiTOPalthough not yet available, (it is still in kick-start mode), the designer of PhiTOP is Kenneth Brecher who is a Professor of Astronomy and Physics, Emeritus at Boston University, certainly knows his tops as you will see if you follow the link above, He has held research fellowships from the John Simon Guggenheim Foundation, the W. K. Kellogg Foundation and from the National Research Council of the U. S. National Academy of Sciences and if that were not enough He was awarded an Osher Fellowship by the San Francisco Exploratorium where he developed several science exhibits which can be seen today, He is the founding Director of the Boston University Science and Mathematics Education Centre which ran for 24 years, so I guess he knows a lot about executive toys,



the above video is I have to say quite different from what I expected at around the 20 second mark, what a neat, dare I say it, scientific toy and no I am not on commission!


No comments: