Sunday 22 November 2015

I Seem To Remember A Television Motoring Program,

where one of the presenters got himself into a bit of a spat over a bridge,


 I wonder what he would have made of this bridge in Siberia, it is the Kuandinsky Bridge, in Russia’s Trans-Baikal Region, stretching 570 meters over the Vitim River,

  this precarious vehicle crossing is just over two meters wide and features no railing or other safety features,

 originally designed as a railway bridge, as part of the Baikal–Amur Mainline, a 4,324-km-long railway traversing Eastern Siberia and the Russian Far-East, Kuandinsky (a.k.a Kalarsky) Bridge was never inaugurated, so the people of Kuanda, a nearby village of around 1,500 inhabitants, started using it to cross the Vitim River,

and if you think it is precarious in a car, try driving a truck over it!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey would you mind letting me know which web host you're
using? I've loaded your blog in 3 different web browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
Can you recommend a good hosting provider
at a reasonable price? Thanks, I appreciate it!