Thursday 24 December 2015

Up Early,

and of to the hospital,


 where some outside work was being completed,

 the outside of the building covered with bamboo scaffolding,

 blood sample taken, also my weight and blood pressure which was 132 over 64 and 66 heartbeats a minute, so next stop for breakfast, 


in Soi LK Metro, at the corner of it, Kilkenny,

 for breakfast,

 looking back towards Soi Bukaow,

 for today, baked beans on toast with fried eggs,

I watched a few of the local traders walk past then back to the hospital where my blood results were in, sugar was normal as was the result for Hb A1c it is a long term measurement which tells doctors how your blood sugar levels have been over the past 2 to 3 months, people without diabetes are normally in the 4.0 to 5.9 range so for me to be in the middle of that range was great news, next an appointment to see the surgeon about the cyst on my lower back it was getting smaller but another dose of antibiotics was prescribed, I am going to be a little naughty and not take them until Christmas is over, well you should not take them with alcohol,

 I then called into Friendship, that now had a Christmas tree outside, 

 next stop TukCom,

 well the coffee shop outside for a ice coffee,

 in the afternoon the bug-men called as arranged,

 I watched a film in the afternoon then out for my evening meal,

 to the Jomtien Complex,

 and this is where I was going,

 the restaurant with no name,

 the Cafe Ritz, 

 prawn cocktail for a starter,

 followed by baked salmon,

 with vegetables,

 'Cheers!',

 two of the waiters that took great care of me, the restaurant has a fixed price menu, a selection of 9 or so starters, 12 main courses and 8 or so desserts all for under 400 baht, plus other slightly more expensive dishes like beef steak or lamb, great value for money and the food was superb,

 I made my way back to the main road,

 and noticed this new venture that I had not seen before,

 there are 2 Soi's in the complex, for the Cafe Ritz this is the one it is in,

I decided to take a motorbike taxi rather than wait for a blue and yellow cab, so home I went,

in the afternoon I watched The Mummy Returns, great boys own adventure, after arriving home from the restaurant in the evening it was feet up for a nightcap, a few from Police Stop and I was off to bed.


No comments: