Tuesday 8 March 2016

We Had A Quiet Day

well not so quiet for myself, but more of that later,


in the afternoon we popped over to see Jim and Cher's home by the sea,

 in the 49 story Cetus condominium,

 first a look over the pool,

 and the seated bar area,

 as the sun went down,

 we had a quick look around the gym,

 lots of equipment to tone those mussels,

 there was lots of building going on nearby, the complex on the right has 3,000 units, the beach around here is going to be crowded in a few years time! 

 one of the nearby condominiums behind the Cetus,

 we arrived on the 33rd floor,

 with a view along the coast,

 the accommodation was first class, everything just so,

 we started with a mimosa, which it has to be said were very moorish,

 and a few things to snack on,

 next a move downstairs,

 past the pool,

 and jacuzzi like jets,

 we made our way onto Jomtien Beach Road,

 looking back at the towering building,

 we made our way a few yards along the road to Cafe le Mar,

 spaghetti bolognese for Diana,

 carbonara for Cher,

 a steak for Jim,

a tuna salad for myself,

 we made our way back, but just had to look at this original 1961 150cc mark II Lambretta, it was totally immaculate,

 we moved upstairs,

 looking down, 

 as we went,

 upstairs it was dessert time,

 with chocolate and Haagen-Dazs ice cream,

 expertly served by Cher,

 as the elephants looked on,

 Jim and myself relaxed,

 oh dear two dead soldiers!

 more ice cream,

 along with strawberries, what a dessert,

after thanking Jim and Cher for their hospitality it was a baht bus for home, now the sad news on Saturday one or more of the mussels I ate came back to haunt me, I felt a little unwell on Sunday, in the early hours of Monday morning I was into the bathroom every so often, with stomach cramps, dizziness and a headache, thankfully although not 100% we had a splendid evening with Jim and Cher, but it was not to last, arriving home and laying down I was back to the bathroom again on a regular basis, which is still continuing now as I type this, still we had some good news, I received a call from the UK to say I had a cheque from the football pools, I had won! so we now have to decide what to do with our £4.45 winnings, but as I feel another trip to the bathroom coming on this will be the only post for today, I plan on laying down for the rest of the day, what is so annoying is that this is so unlike me, normally I am fighting fit, but there it is, hopefully normal service will be resumed tomorrow!


No comments: