Friday 9 September 2016

As A Kid,

a ploy my Grandmother would use to get me to finish my food,


 was to tell me to eat it all and I would see the Chinese house at the bottom of the plate, taking the traditional blue Willow pattern design that my Grandmother had to a new level is Don Moyer, the graphic designer behind Calamityware, at first glance the plates look the same but on closer inspection you can see a giant octopus in the lagoon,

 or a plague of frogs,

 and even an erupting volcano on some of the plates,

two of Moyer’s newest plate designs, a group of savage zombie poodles and a soaring pterodactyl, are currently on Kickstarter, You can purchase similar plates on Calamityware’s website, where you will also find some dishware crawling with ants and flies and no I am not on commission, I just thought it was a delightful play on an age old design.


No comments: