Thursday 19 January 2017

08.00 And At The Hospital,

in for a blood sample to be taken, weighed and blood pressure measured,


 76.3 kilos blood pressure 140 over 77, a tad high, 77 beats a minute, I was then on my way for breakfast,

 I had an hour to wait for the blood-work results, I made my way to Soi LK Metro,

 and parked outside Kilkenny where I normally park, I settled down and started to read a book I had brought with me as usual, then strangely was then told to move my motorcycle, I had always parked with other early morning dinners in the same place for the past 3 or 4 years I have eaten here, so I packed my book, glasses, camera and plastic bag and went to move my motorcycle,

 I asked where should I park and was told outside iRovers, just around the corner, so I did, well I felt a bit bad about parking outside of one restaurant and taking one of their parking places and then walking round the corner to eat in another,

 so I ate in iRovers, what a surprise, it must have new management/cook, the breakfast for 129 baht was excellent,

 there is one slight problem with eating here, the restaurant is at the top of a cul-de-sac with a hotel at the end of it, so any time a lorry delivering food, ice, coke, drinks or in this case picking up the bins for the hotel, street and surrounding area parks in it, you are blocked in until it leaves, but there it is, I now know where to park and have found a great and more reasonably priced place for breakfast, what a result, thank you Kilkennys! back to the hospital for the result, 

blood sugar a tad high at 133
Creatinine 1.08 the range should between 0.72 - 1.25mg/dl
eGFR (by CKD-EPI) 71 a tad low the range should be between 90 - 125 ml/min/1.73sq.
Hb AIC 5.4% the range should be between 4.8 - 6.5
Uric acid 5.1 the range should be between 3.5 - 7.2

all in all it appears a good result, in any event the doctor seemed happy, so that was good enough for me, looking back over several years of results there appears to be no untoward trends developing, which is good news and makes sense in having quarterly and annual check ups to see any result is dramatically different from previous results, back in 3 months for my next usual check up,

next stop Wattana Computors in Pattaya Central, the front of the building,

 I parked at the side entrance, the external hard drive that was faulty and could not be repaired was waiting to be picked up, also I had to pay the call out charge of 600 baht, it was I good thing I did call a technician out, if I had taken the computer to the shop and left the external hard drives at home the problem would not have been found,

 Wattana Computers is opposite Foodland for a reference point if you want to find the shop,

 just 50 or so yards down the road there is a small market selling plants, by the side of it a small restaurant,

 and on the other side of the path that leads to the rear of the shop a coffee shop,

I made my way past it, 

 looking at some of the plants as I went,

 orchids,

 I at one time had so many of them hanging from the front and side of the house,

 but gave then all away when the house had new floors and the upstairs built,

 but I still keep thinking of buying some,

like this one,

 I made my way to the back of the store, 

 passing more orchids as I went,

 there were indoor plants,

 as well as a few pots for sale,

 I then arrived outside,

 and had a quick look around,

 and made my way back to the road,

 passing one of the workers watering the plants,

 standing outside of the shop and looking up the road there is Foodland and next to it the kitchen supply shop,

 a little further down the road the Ducati agency, I was going to call in, but I had another stop to make,

 I had to call into Jack Levy's office, to pay for one of the motorcycles insurance,

 the afternoon raced round and we were soon outside Cherry's for our evening meal with Mr. Tony,

 I wandered around,

 taking a few pictures,

 of what was on offer as I went,

 the sign says it all, the International buffet is held every Wednesday and Saturday evening,

 with a different soup every week,

 18 or so covered dishes, plus a carvery and pizza station,

 and plenty of desserts,

 Diana as beautiful as ever,

 'Cheers!' from myself,

 and Mr. Tony,

 a second plate of starters for myself,

 on to our main courses, fish and spinach for Mr. Tony,

 pork and spinach for Diana,

 followed by mushrooms wrapped in bacon and chicken with mushroom spaghetti, 

 for myself a mixture of beef, chicken madras with nan bread, grilled chicken and bacon wrapped mushrooms,

 on to desserts, cakes for Diana,

mixed fruit and ice cream for Mr. Tony, a raspberry dish for myself, if you fancy a meal here, the restaurant is located on Third Road opposite what was once the X-Cite disco, meal over Mr. Tony kindly gave us a ride home, after saying our farewells, it was feet up to watch a few Judge Judy's, we will only be making this one post today as we are off fishing, and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: