Saturday 21 October 2017

Diana Went To The Soi Bukaow Market,

I went to the aquatic store on Thepprasit Road,


 there are two aquatic stores close together, I go to the one nearest this building which is almost opposite,

 looking back towards the Sumkivitt Road,

 and here it is, the Pattaya Pet Shop, it used to be on Third Road but moved, which is the one we used so we followed the shop here,

 the shop staff and I suspect the owner, the lady on the left speaks perfect English and is so helpful, the reason for my visit was to buy some florescent tubes with a colour cast to them, some tubes are made with the spectrum of light they emit to grow plants, some are made to grow corals, I wanted three to show of the colours of the fish, 

 arriving home I replaced the three tubes at the front of the aquarium with the new ones, I also cleaned the outsides of the other three white tubes at the rear of the aquarium, and this is the result, I should also say that the new filter has really improved the clarity of the water, it is still not crystal clear, but what an improvement,

 Diana called to say as arraigned she was in Friendship, so off I went to pick her up,

 lots of work going on as the company renews it's front steps,

 the tea/coffee stall was not behind Tukcom as usual, so we stopped off at a Family Mart to buy some ice coffee and tea, whilst waiting in the distance I could here the rumble of a big V8, and here it was,

 as luck would have it the owner stopped a few yards along the road, so I abandoned the motorcycle and took of after it on foot,

 every picture tells a story, and this is it, a lovely V8, many will remember my bad luck with things electrical, and today was no exception, with a ting! or lack of it, the microwave said it's last goodbye, which was not as big a problem as it at first appeared, we had a second microwave upstairs in the outside kitchen, so up I went and started to clean the dust off of it, when I had a sudden thought, we had not used it for some time will it still work? unplugging the washing machine, I plugged in the microwave, which decide to join it's brother downstairs and despite me pleading, praying and finally hitting the wretched thing it refused to work, I might add the same technique did not work on the one downstairs either, so now not only do we have to buy a new microwave for downstairs, we will not replace the one upstairs, we now have not one but two microwaves to dispose of, me and electrics, what else can possibly go wrong? 

 off to the weekend night market on Thepprasit Road,

 lots of food stalls, doing brisk business, 

 looking towards Jomtien,

 no clouds in the sky, 

the same looking inland,

 past the toy stall,

 and the baggage stall,

 if you fancy back packing this is the place to buy a back pack, all here at 130 baht each,

 new for this week, 

 fish-flops!

 I so nearly bought myself a pair!

 a rainbow of coloured T shirts,

 opposite the bar this evening a 100 baht stall and one selling shoes,

 there does not seem to be any further work completed on the structure,

 the fruit stall ready for action,

 not many customers in the pet aisle,

 this week we only needed some wet food,

  the range of cat foods in sachets is amazing, all of these,

 and this lot too,

 three boxes for this week,

 sunset over the market, 

 I made my way back to the bar,

 as the sun,

 started to set, 

 Diana came back from buying a few things at Tesco Lotus,

then home for a delicious beef stew,

for a change of pace we decided to watch a couple of films, firstly John Carter, the original story written by Edgar Rice Burroughs which when read by others led to the production of Star Wars and Avatar amongst others, the people who make the sets in computers had a field day! someone must have said forget the budget just make the special effects great, which for us was what they were, 

Diana then had a look through a box of westerns that we have and decided on Pale Rider, we have watched it before some time ago, but it was still a treat to watch again if you like westerns as we do, and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: