Wednesday 25 October 2017

For Myself,

the art of origami is out of reach,


 I am just not very good at making paper animals or flowers even with the help of books and the Internet,

 so I was amazed to read about Leipzig-based paper artist Anja Markiewicz

 who makes these ultra miniature pieces of art work,

 with out even using a magnifying glass!

she uses little more than tip of a toothpick, to make the tiny creases in her miniature origami creations including animals, insects, and geometric designs, 

collected here a number of pieces from the last few years, and you can find more in this gallery and in her online shop, and no I am not on commission, I am just amazed at these miniature animals and flowers, especially when I make a complete botch of making a normal sized piece of origami. 


No comments: