Thursday 12 October 2017

I Am Sure We Have All Seen,

or heard of the art of origami,


 it is the art of paper folding, well Vietnamese paper artist Nguyen Hung Cuong,

 has taken the art to a new level,

with this new origami work titled “Fly High, Dreamers!” that incorporates four sequential objects, a hand holding a crane with a rider also holding a smaller crane, each connected to the other, all from amazingly a single uncut sheet of paper, “I created this work to show my deep gratitude to origami community,” Cuong shares, “The boy is myself, and the hand represents all origami creators who inspired me, making my dream come true.” The piece is on view at the Jaffa Museum in Tel Aviv as part of the current Paper Heroes show, I still can not think how this piece can be made from a single sheet of paper, but it is!


No comments: