Saturday 3 March 2018

Day 2,

our first day in the UK,


so off to Beckenham, past the Big Breakfast,

to the Carphone Warehouse, I always buy a cheap telephone when we are on holiday, and this year it was the cheapest yet, just 99 pence for the telephone and a £10.00 top up, which I was told would last me a month and would not need topping up, but it can only be used for UK calls, but still what a bargain,

I then walked to the shop to see, Lee, Graham and Karl,

and spent some time chatting with them, next a walk back to the church, next to which,

the 227 bus stops,

for my next port of call, Bromley,

to the market square,

which I walked around,

to pop into see Danny, brother-in-law of Lee,

having walked into Beckenham to go to the Carphone Warehouse, it then dawned on me that there is a Carphone Warehouse here on the market square, D'Oh! still the walk must have done me some good,

I went past the entrance to the Glades,

on my way to The Partridge,

which is a lovely public house,

the interior looking decidedly Victorian,

but was built much later than that period and started out as a bank,

 in the evening we were off,

 for a Indian meal at the Chai Naasto in Beckenham,

 but unlike many other Indian restaurants,

 that have the same or a similar menu,

 here everything is totally different,

 so ordering food, 

is always a bit exotic as there are not the usual korma, masala, vindaloo, etc to chose from,

 a top up,

 then tuck in,

 delicious,

 the only things that are slightly familiar are some rice dishes,

and naan bread,

a really nice and different meal to the usual fare in Indian restaurants, we staggered home and with a nightcap we were off to bed.


No comments: