Saturday 10 March 2018

I Was Running Out Of Sandwiches,

so off to a very wet Friendship,


 we had a couple of huge thunderstorms, but thankfully the rain had now stopped,

 my next stop was Tesco Lotus, the battery charger I use to keep the motorcycles battery topped up had failed, well you know me and electrics, so I called in here to buy one, just my luck, none in stock,

 but all was not lost, outside Tesco there are 3 automotive shops, you are getting there before me, not one of the separate shops had a battery charger in stock! what are the odds on that?

 next stop Big C, same result, no battery chargers in stock,

 I then had a cunning plan, I would call into one of the many battery shops on the Sumkivitt Road, in the hope that they would have, would you believe it, the first shop only sold batteries, but in the second, a charger! 1,500 baht later and I was on my way home at last, the motorcycle was charged so all will be well for the next month or two,

 as it was Friday I was off to the weekend night market on Thepprasit Road, I made my way past the food mobile stalls,

 looking towards Jomtien,

 still very cloudy,

 this week the walking, barking, sunglass wearing, light flashing, battery operated dogs now have hats,

 very cloudy looking inland,

 opposite the bar this evening a stall selling shorts and one selling towels,

during the week more work has taken place on the steel construction,

 cross pieces have been welded into place, 

 the fruit stall stocking up for the evenings trade,

 at the rear of the market where the ramps are, 

 rebar has been added to this ramp,

 and the cross pieces added,

 as I was walking along the aisle I noticed these mobile homes, to take your cat for a walk,

 metal side have been added for when the concrete is poured,

 the aquatic stall has a new stock of fish,

 also at this end of the aisle the rebar has received it's concrete top,

 sunset over the market,

 this is the administration building, the pools in front, 

 have a nice collection of koi carp and goldfish,

 one of the markets shrines are nearby, looking towards the road,

 and looking away from the road,

 I started back up the hill, 

 this the front section that has the cross pieces in place,

 this is the stall for you if you want to stand out in the crowd, some of these shirts and shorts are so bright even on an overcast day, imagine how bright they would look in the sun!

 tonight I was joined by Jim, Brian,

 and Cher, we chatted away, after saying our goodbyes, 

 I made a move for the Punch and Judy, it is in Soi 8, Thepprasit Road, opposite what was once the Eden Hotel,

 for my evening meal, I had the place to myself,

bangers and mash, I decided against a dessert, arriving home it was feet up a couple of movies, for tonight, I decided on both Sherlock Holmes films,

 the first titled just Sherlock Holmes, made in 2009, 

the second made in 2011 Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, and with the end of those I was off to bed.


No comments: